appdb issue: can't search for apps platinum on 1.0.x!

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:05:29 CST 2009

2009/2/28 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I don't see a 1.0.2 being developed though. I'm sure there are still a
>> lot of bugs that could be fixed in 1.0.1 - correct me if I'm wrong
>> here.
>
> I don't see a lot of bugs that could be fixed by changes small enough to
> go into the stable branch. If you do, please build a list and if there
> are enough of them we can certainly do a 1.0.2.
>
>> But I based my statement on the fact that many users on #winehq
>> have come in with a problem in 1.0.1, and upgrading to the latest
>> available development version fixes their problem.
>
> Sure, if 1.0.1 doesn't work, then trying the tip is a good idea, but
> that doesn't mean that everybody should do that. There are regressions
> in the tip, and there's no reason to push users to upgrade unless they
> clearly have trouble with 1.0.1.

Now as this is *your* project, AJ, what do you think? Should stable
branch be supported better by AppDB/bugzilla etc? At the moment, 1.0.1
is considered "too old" in some cases. The following quotes are from
the start of this thread:

2009/2/26 Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/26 Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>:
>> Our currently released version is 1.0, but the appdb's
>> browse feature acts as if that version no longer exists.
>> This will seriously confuse newcomers who are using
>> the 1.0.1 version (e.g. anybody who installs a fresh
>> copy of Ubuntu!).
>>
>> To fix this, we should add 1.0 (or 1.0.1) back into the search box in
>> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application
>
> Someone mentioned on another thread (or possibly on IRC, I don't
> recall) that 1.0-series is too old to be of concern to us. We don't
> want test data for 1.0.x; we don't want bug reports for 1.0.x unless
> they're still apparent in the development version. Development has
> stopped on 1.0.x.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's what it looks like from current AppDB
and bugzilla status.