appdb issue: can't search for apps platinum on 1.0.x!

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:08:04 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but I have worked with this situation, and whether or not the
> packages are identical does not change what I said before. The package
> manager can think that the version from the repository should replace
> the locally-installed version.

Oh, I see. You mean that the package manager prefers the local
repository if all else is equal. That's solvable by bumping the
version number of the package that you download from the site. So, in
'pseudo-versions', the repository would have these:

wine 1.15-0
wine 1.16-0
wine 1.17-0

While the site would provide these for download:

wine 1.15-1
wine 1.16-1
wine 1.17-1

Remco