[shell32 5/6] include: Add remotable stubs for non-default-marshallable shobjidl calls.

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 1 13:21:22 CST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 01.01.2009, 19:09 +0000 schrieb Rob Shearman:
> 2009/1/1 Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de>:
> > +    [call_as(AddPropertySheetPages)]
> > +    HRESULT RemoteAddPropertySheetPages();
[...]
> > +    [call_as(SendControlMsg)]
> > +    HRESULT RemoteSendControlMsg();
> > +
[...]
> > +    [call_as(SetToolbarItems)]
> > +    HRESULT RemoteSetToolbarItems();
> These shouldn't be necessary. What is it that you're trying to fix?
Widl outputting vtable slot number mismatch errors when a local function
is present without a remote function being present also. But if I might
take a guess from my last experiences here: This is a widl bug that
should be fixed...

> > -    HRESULT GetDropDownStatus(
> > +    [local] HRESULT GetDropDownStatus(
> >          [out] DWORD *pdwFlags,
> > -        [out, string] LPWSTR *ppwszString);
> > +        [out] LPWSTR *ppwszString);
> > +
> > +    [call_as(GetDropDownStatus)]
> > +    HRESULT RemoteGetDropDownStatus();
>
> This isn't correct. IAutoCompleteDropDown::GetDropDownStatus should be
> remoted as is.
How does that work? ppwszString is a NULL-pointer-terminated array of
strings. Does the [string] flag work for pointer arrays too? MSDN
doesn't say so.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher