[shell32 5/6] include: Add remotable stubs for non-default-marshallable shobjidl calls.

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 1 14:56:01 CST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 01.01.2009, 20:43 +0000 schrieb Rob Shearman:

> >> This isn't correct. IAutoCompleteDropDown::GetDropDownStatus should be
> >> remoted as is.
> > How does that work? ppwszString is a NULL-pointer-terminated array of
> > strings.
> MSDN says that this function actually just returns one string, not a
> NULL-pointer-terminated array of strings, so this should just work.
Oh, thanks for opening my eyes!

And, thanks again for taking your time to review my patches. Your work
is really appreciated!

> No, the [string] attribute in this case in redundant and it should
> apply to the first pointer in the parameter.
Now, that makes sense.

> I'm guessing by the
> change that you had to make that widl doesn't handle this too well...
Seems so. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I somehow get the impression
that the quality of widl is somewhere around works-for-me.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher