Use of "patch" keyword in Bugzilla

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 22:19:19 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
<wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Moving this conversation to wine-devel.
>>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>>            Keywords|patch                       |
>>
>>  ------- Comment  #7 From Vitaliy Margolen  2009-01-03 19:47:16  [reply] -------
>>
>> Patch keyword is for patches attached to bugs only and not sent to
>> wine-patches.
>>
>> ------- Comment #8 From Austin English 2009-01-03 20:01:55 [reply] -------

>>> Patch keyword is for patches attached to bugs only and not sent to
>>> wine-patches.
>>>

>> It's still useful, e.g., if patch is not accepted.
>
> No it's not. The intension of that keyword was to fish all the patches out
> of buzilla and resubmit them to wine-patches. Or serve as a base for someone
> to improve upon. With mixing the two you make it nearly useless as most bugs
> will have it eventually. Especially all fixed ones.

I'm not that worried about it, and if that's what consensus is, fine by me.

Keep in mind, however, that I doubt anyone is searching fixed bugs for
patches. By that same argument, we should obsolete any patches
attached to bugs once they're committed to git, even for fixed bugs.

--
-Austin