Implementing b3DAccelerationExists and b3DAccelerationEnabled in dxdiagn

Markus kde at graph-ix.net
Tue Jan 6 21:47:53 CST 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 03:58:27 Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> On Mo, 2009-01-05 at 22:10 -0500, Markus wrote:
> > can anyone tell me where to find information about the
> > b3DAccelerationExists and b3DAccelerationEnabled properties in the
> > display container returned by
>
> I suggest to use dxdiag and regmon on Windows.
> In dxdiag, you can disable DirectDraw / Direct3D Acceleration.
> Regmon will tell you, where the settings are saved.

I do not think the registry is the correct place to look. This value should
return true if e.g. hardware accelerated T&L is available on the system, which
is primarily a result of driver and hardware capabilities.
My current understanding is that a D3D caps struct would hold such
information. The question now is which flag or combination of flags in it
would cause the dxdiagn values to be 'true'?

--
Markus