MSI Patch Feedback

Andrew Nguyen arethusa26 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 03:18:08 CST 2009

Hello,

I've written a few patches against dlls/msi/action.c in an effort to
rectify a difference in behavior with an MSI-based installer between
Windows and Wine with regard to environment variable processing.
Behavior not explicitly enumerated by MSDN is noted when a combination
of the environment table "+" name prefix and "[~]" value expression
are combined. How should I attempt to test the changes I have made,
and is there anything I can do to improve the quality of my changes?
Feedback is appreciated!

-Andrew