Adjust dlls/iphlpapi/ipstats.c to FreeBSD 8

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Jan 9 03:32:43 CST 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> [...]
>> ChangeLog:
>> Only use RTF_LLINFO if #defined, fixing FreeBSD 8 after the arp-v2
>> rewrite.
> [...]
>>  #if defined(HAVE_SYS_SYSCTL_H) && defined(NET_RT_DUMP)
>> -  int mib[] = {CTL_NET, PF_ROUTE, 0, AF_INET, NET_RT_FLAGS, RTF_LLINFO};
>> +  int mib[] = {CTL_NET, PF_ROUTE, 0, AF_INET, NET_RT_FLAGS,
>> +#ifdef RTF_LLINFO
>> +               RTF_LLINFO
>> +#else
>> +               0
>> +#endif
> Is there a way to do it so the same binary can run and work on FreeBSD
> 7.x and 8.0?

I am not aware of one.  Tijl and me actually argued to get the
original behavior back (for this and other reasons like source
compatbility) but failed.  I just pushed again.

(Well, one could try run-time checks instead of compile-time checks,
and then initialize mib[5] accordingly, but I have a hunch Alexandre
wouldn't like that very much...)

Gerald