rpcrt4/tests: NdrVaryingArrayUnmarshall() is broken on Windows

Ge van Geldorp ge at gse.nl
Mon Jan 12 10:00:53 CST 2009

> From: Rob Shearman [mailto:robertshearman at gmail.com]
>
> 2009/1/12 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> > "Ge van Geldorp" <ge at gse.nl> writes:
> > >
> > > Changelog:
> > >   NdrVaryingArrayUnmarshall() is broken on Windows
> >
> > If it's broken on Windows then there's no point in testing
> > it, you can simply remove it.
>
> There's value in the function working in Wine and testing the
> function stops it being inadvertently broken (probably by
> me). Microsoft may release a patch to fix it or fix it in a
> more recent version of Windows.

That was my reasoning too. The test itself seems valid, it's just Windows that's broken. BTW, I did some more testing, initializing each of the fields in StubMsg in turn to zero. It's StubMsg->Offset that's causing the problems.
I've just submitted a patch that removes the test, Alexandre can pick whichever he prefers.

Ge.