python regression tests - a monster hammer to keep wine "in check" :)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 19:34:03 CST 2009

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> l.
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>
>> Luke wrote:
>>
>>> [MSVCRT__filbuf() needs to strip CR's.]
>>>
>> Here's a quickie patch that kind of gets there,
>> but fails an ftell test.  My in-laws arrive in ten
>> minutes, so I probably can't go any further on
>> it this weekend.
>>
>> There are probably other simplifications that
>> could be made beyond this, I didn't rip out
>> all the scattered places that were involved
>> in \r removal.
>> - Dan
>>

> spiffo, dan, jolly good show :)
>
> that fixed both #16982 _and_ #16970 - the character reading bit - with
> the exception that the ftell() position, which was wrong _before_ this
> patch, is still also wrong, as you suspected.

If you can find the location of this problem in the code and fix it, can
you please post a patch here first for comment?

It is great that you found the bug, and you might find that not too many
folks run Python on Wine as it is much easier to do this natively, both
for Linux and the Mac.

James McKenzie