msi/tests: Make tests pass for Windows Installer 3.0 [2/3]

Ge van Geldorp ge at gse.nl
Mon Jan 19 03:22:14 CST 2009

Hi James,

> From: James Hawkins [mailto:truiken at gmail.com]
>
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Ge van Geldorp <ge at gse.nl> wrote:
> > I see different estimated size values for Windows Installer 2.x and
> > 3.0 compared to 3.1 and later.
> >

> Please don't remove the check.  It is set, and that's what
> we're testing.  If the value is different on different
> platforms, then do like we do for other tests and add them to
> the check.

Would it be ok then to check just for the existence of the value, not the
value itself? If you look at
http://test.winehq.org/data/1608cb99b5beb50e1b3f680c832be47944270730/xp_fg-w
inxp-sp1/msi:install.html and
http://test.winehq.org/data/1608cb99b5beb50e1b3f680c832be47944270730/xp_gvg-
wxpprosp2/msi:install.html you'll note that e.g. the test at install.c:2500
can return at least 3 different values, so I really don't think it makes
sense to check the value itself. I do see your point about checking for the
existence.

Ge.