wineg++ compile error

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 19 18:23:52 CST 2009

> Yeah, it looks like there's some conflict with iostream and msvcrt:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg08834.html
>
> I'm trying to follow the recommendations, but without much luck.
Maybe try to use the iostream implementation from msvcrt(not sure how to do
that, though - I never used winelib myself)

Is there any reason why you have to compile the app using winelib? Unless
you want to link against Linux libraries in your app there is no advantage
over compiling the application as a PE .exe file(same performance, same
runtime requirements etc). If you compile it as native .exe you avoid all
the issues where Linux headers collide with Windows headers.