LWN Timeline for 2008: Wine 1.0 made it!

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:21:11 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Jan Zerebecki <jan.wine at zerebecki.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 07:39:33PM +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:
>> <grumpy ex-reader>
>>
>> And as far as I know, in the 10 years since LWN started, there has been
>> exactly one LWN article about Wine. For the 1.0 release, in the
>> Development section.
>>
>> Sure they carry the Wine announcements, and occasionally mention an
>> article about Wine in the Press section. But real articles about Wine?
>> Nope. One almost gets the feeling that they don't like Wine for some
>> reason...
>>
>> </grumpy ex-reader>
>
> Yes, please offer LWN to write Wine articles! ;)
>
> Seriously, has anyone offered LWN to write articles about Wine?
>
> LWN also pays compensation... More info on
> http://lwn.net/op/AuthorGuide.lwn
>

> Jan

I wrote an article on common myths/mistruths
(http://lwn.net/Articles/315071/), went in today's release (will be
free to public in a week).

Looks like the editors went with the first draft, which has a few more
grammar errors, etc. If there are any more articles, I'll be sure to
send them final copies, not proofs :-).

--
-Austin