cmd.exe.manifest

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jan 22 14:14:37 CST 2009

>> So the problem lies elsewhere... do you have any more information on
>> the debug output?
>
> hiya reece, thanks for responding.  yes, i do - lemme get back to you
> with it: i'm in the middle of a ... actually, i _do_ have it:
>

> it's a trace+all so is about 15mb (sorry!)
>
> i'm doing a rebuild back to msvcrt to see if the problem goes away.

 http://lkcl.net/subprocess.wine.trace.msvcrt.native

 and, once that's uploaded, i'll also do one:

 http://lkcl.net/subprocess.wine.trace.msvcrt.builtin

 but give me a few mins to do that one, it'll be there in a bit.

here's the python application that did that:

import subprocess

p = subprocess.Popen(["cmd", "/k" "echo", "hello"], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
(stdout, stderr) = p.communicate()
print repr(stdout)
print repr(stderr)

nice and short, isn't it? :)

the code that goes with that - in the python subprocess module - is a
bit of a lairy hairy bundle of fun.

anyway, as you can see, open_osfhandle and CreateProcess all go
swimmingly well - it's just that when you get msvcr80 involved it all
goes pearshaped.

l.