Wine menu creation questions

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:50:19 CST 2009

Frank Richter wrote:
> Also, Windows and Linux desktops have a bit of different "views" on what
> the "desktop menu" should contain: most of the time, the Windows start
> menu contains one folder per application, with that folder containing
> not only the application but also a link to the README or web page,
> uninstaller etc. In contrast, Linux desktop first sort the items per
> category (eg Education, Development) and there is one icon per
> application (no READMEs etc).

Sure.

At the moment these are located in the "Applications > Wine > Programs
> My Game > Game" which is too long. I was just suggesting cutting out
the "Programs" level, so the link would be "Applications > Wine > My
Game > Game", reducing the menu by one level. While this still means
that Windows applications will put their shortcuts in a sub-folder, it
reduces the amount of nested menus involved (especially if there is
just going to be a single menu option from Applications > Wine).

- Reece