Is there a way to set Z:\ as the whatever user's home folder?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Jan 26 23:15:41 CST 2009

I want to have a read-only wine prefix that multiple users might access,
however I also want to have a Z:\ drive that refers to a dynamic
location - a folder inside the current user's home folder.  This isn't
possible as far as I can tell, as Wine requires a symlink to the folder
in the prefix's dosdevices directory, and a symlink can only point to a
static file.

Assuming this is possible, are there any downsides to using this
read-only prefix?  Assume for a moment that the application doesn't need
write access to the registry or to its own folder.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie