Try #2: user32: Windows test request (cursors/icons)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 03:49:18 CDT 2009

Daniel Santos wrote:
> Thanks again for testing this for me, Paul.  I have modified the tests so that they should pass and I've skipped tests on win9x that I suspect are causing the blue screens (personally, I doubt it's due to VMware).
>
> I moved the new test functions to the top of the file, but I didn't remove the comments.  I can shorten them if preferred, but I personally prefer to have functions well documented.
>
> So if you or anybody else could test this again for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I guess it will be AJ's call in the end if these types of comments are
necessary. I don't have a strong opinion about them.

The way you are checking for Win9x is discouraged. We rather not have
GetVersion() but instead rely on behaviour to check for Win9x.

test_DestroyCursorIcon returns a BOOL but most of the calls don't use
the returned value. A few do but then the return value is not checked
against, for example:

  996     /* Clean up. */
  997     ret = test_DestroyCursorIcon(handle, TRUE, TRUE, __LINE__,
0xdeadbeef);

There are also some spelling fixes needed (minor though, I'd guess):

(hight -> height)
22  * FIXME: Add tests for CreateCursor and verify that width & hight
cannot exceed
Btw. This FIXME doesn't look right.

78  *  shouldFail [I] Rather of not it should fail
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

(consistenit -> consistent)
(accross -> across)
166  *  Only use on very simple test cases where behavior is consistenit
accross

(destory -> destroy)
1365     /* Try to destory a bunch of crap */
FWIW, I don't like the word crap, but that's probably just me.

Test results:

Win95:
cursoricon.c:1003: Test failed: Last error is 3735928559 (0xdeadbeef),
expected ERROR_INVALID_CURSOR_HANDLE (1402).
cursoricon.c:1004: Test failed: Last error is 3735928559 (0xdeadbeef),
expected ERROR_INVALID_CURSOR_HANDLE (1402).
cursoricon.c:305: Test failed: DestroyCursor returned 1, expected FALSE.
cursoricon.c:305: Test failed: Last error is 3735928559 (0xdeadbeef),
expected 1402 (0x57a).
cursoricon.c:307: Test failed: DestroyIcon returned 1, expected FALSE.
cursoricon.c:307: Test failed: Last error is 3735928559 (0xdeadbeef),
expected 1402 (0x57a).
cursoricon: 6 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
cursoricon: 495 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 6 failures), 0 skipped.

Running it a second time hangs the box !!!

Win98:

Logged the output to file but then notepad.exe crashed. Soon after that
the system hangs !!!!!

So Win9x needs definitely some more work.

NT4: No failures.

XP: No failures.

Didn't test W2K, W2K3 and Vista as the output previously was the same as XP.

--
Cheers,

Paul.