Supported applications?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jul 12 21:22:53 CDT 2009

Austin wrote:
>Looking around the wiki/website, I can't find anywhere where the
>'Supported applications' are listed (Powerpoint/Word/Excel viewer and
>Adobe Photoshop CS 2, if I remember correctly).

Maybe you're thinking of
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleaseCriteria

That's for 1.0 (I don't think we've decided what the criteria are for 1.2).

> Are these the only applications that are being targeted for 1.2?
> Should others be added? Mozilla Firefox would be a great
> candidate to add...
> I ask, so I know which applications to make more strenuous appinstall tests for.

It's a big commitment to add an app to the "must work for
1.2 to be released" list.
The criteria for that list were
  popular, useful, and freely downloadable applications which already run well
To those criteria I would add
  testable using autohotkey

Firefox does seem to qualify (people still use it under wine
to get at particular plugins).  If you're going to do that, please
consider invoking the existing Firefox automated test suites; see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Mozilla_automated_testing
- Dan