Transl: Getting rid of the conf directory (Part 1)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:12:29 CDT 2009

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 2. LANG_XXX, SUBLANG_DEFAULT (only 1 sublanguage in our code) should
>> show LANG_XXX, SUBLANG LANG_XXX_YYY.
>>
>> 3. LANG_XXX, SUBLANG_DEFAULT (multiple sublanguages in our code)
>> should show all possible LANG_XXX, SUBLANG_XXX_YYY.
>
> There's nothing special about SUBLANG_DEFAULT, it's just the first
> sublanguage.

Yeah, and it's not needed as you say. The only cases we need to cover
are the SUBLANG_NEUTRAL ones that are converted to sublanguages if we
have some.

The current code made that a mood argument as well as in ver.pl we only
cover the SUBLANG_NEUTRAL cases as special ones and as said just
creating some files in scripts/conf made it work.

>> I propose the following changes:
>>
>> 1. The first thing that should happen before any parsing is done is to
>> get a list of all the different languages Wine is translated in.
>
> That should be a result of the parsing, I don't see why you'd need to do
> this first.

Well, I was trying not to be too invasive here. Currently we do:

1. Go through the makefiles
     a. run "wrc --verify-translation
     b. run ver.pl

Step 1b currently needs the complete list of translations in the source
to do it's work properly.

So maybe we should change that approach into:

1. Go through the makefiles
     a. run "wrc --verify-translation"
     b. create an hash/array/whatever of translations in the source
2. Loop through the results of the "wrc --verify-translation" runs.
     a. run ver.pl

We of course need that same list of translations in the php-scripts. The
good things is that already have that in the form of files in the
php/langs directory (created by ver.pl).

--
Cheers,

Paul.