which release of Wine created or last updated this particular .wine/ tree?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Jul 13 08:02:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

my HD contains a dozen .wine*/ directories created with various settings and releases of Wine, some a long time ago. A repeating question is:
With what release of Wine did I create this particular .wine/ tree ? Or rather: what release last updated this .wine/ tree?

It is not acceptable to run ~/src/most-current-wine/winecfg "about" on this .wine/ tree since an update that would change the bug footprint, causing the tested apps to work differently.

At the time of ~0.9.60, the answer was easy because tools/wine.inf was copied into .wine/drive_c/windows/inf/wine.inf and contained a release number.

Another possibility would be that I build a mini-DB of e.g. drive_c/windows/notepad's md5. Not very reliable, as notepad.exe need not change with every release.

Any other ideas?
	Jörg Höhle.