why is Kronenberg's Wine/Mac work blacklisted on winehq?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:09:09 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Roderick
Colenbrander<thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be willing to assist with any Mac issues as I would need a
> LGPL'ed version of Wine on OSX myself. I'm assisting bringing a
> university program to Linux/Mac using Wine and for that I need decent
> Mac support. Darwine set some steps in the right direction and we
> could help making it a better experience. I do agree that the license
> / name issues should be solved.

For those interested, I've got an OSX dependency building script
written, based on Darwine. Get it here
(http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn-history/r564/trunk/install-osx-deps.sh).

It simply downloads wine dependencies (jpeg/png/etc.), builds and
installs to $HOME/.winedeps, then spits out a build script to use for
compiling 'vanilla' wine.

I don't have a mac here to test with (builds fine over ssh), so
testing would be great. AFAICT, you'll hit bug 17674, so use
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2009-July/075290.html to
fix that...not sure why that hasn't been applied yet.

If mac users could test the script and send me any
feedback/problems/good vibes, I'd appreciate it. (I don't want to send
it to wine-users until I'm sure it works well).

--
-Austin