which release of Wine created or last updated this particular .wine/ tree?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Jul 14 02:40:05 CDT 2009

Ken Sharp wrote:
>Is anything dropped into the registry?
No. One of my .wine/ trees uses Git and I can tell that for some releases, there
are no changes in the registry except for the time stamp of some keys (...\\Fonts
among them).
It would not be nice to add some registry just to track the version.

One idea I had was to use the 0-length .wine/.update-timestamp and write a
version string into it. Of course that would not help for past releases.

BTW, putting .wine under version control is a great way to assess
what an application installs.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle