suggestions about MacOS DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH patch

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:17:56 CDT 2009

Hi Joerg,

> please make suggestions about the xyz_LIBRARY_PATH MacOS issue that allows
> libpng.so and libfreetype.so to be found at run-time in /usr/X11/lib (bug 17674).

I agree with Alexandre on this one:  it's just an error in your
configuration.  You can address it by adding /usr/X11/lib to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH in your ~/.bash_profile
or ~/.bashrc if you like, assuming you start wine apps from the
command line.  If you use some other launcher, the environment needs
to be set correctly for that.

Another way of looking at the error is that MacPorts (and fink, I
presume) install libraries to a path that's not searched by default.
Perhaps this is what you want, and perhaps not, but that's up to you,
not up to Wine.
--Juan