suggestions about MacOS DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH patch

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Jul 16 11:28:44 CDT 2009

Juan Lang wrote:
>Note that I never said it was the user's fault, but that it's a
>configuration error.  In my opinion the proper place to fix this is in
>the library installation itself, or in the distribution of Wine.  Mike
>Kronenberg's package does that--cheers, Mike--

Note that Mike does it exactly by wrapping the winewrapper in
yet another shell script wrapper.  My patch aimed at eliminating that
wrapper, in order to reduce the diffs between Mike, MacPorts, Fink
and stock Git.

>A MacOS bundle that
>addressed this but was built with no patches at all to git Wine would
>be a lot closer to what I want.
Emmanuel's post shows that indeed, a solution exist as far as GUI-invocation
goes, using this bundle concept.

But from what I understand, you'll again run into trouble as soon as you
want to use wine the UNIX way: from the command line (e.g. when running
automated tests) -- unless one invokes that wrapper, which then calls the
"official WineHQ" winewrapper.

Well enough said, I'll study manpages once more after my vacation, and see
if there's some system level solution.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.