suggestions about MacOS DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH patch

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:57:30 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Emmanuel Maillard<mahanuu at free.fr> wrote:
> As answered in private email (sorry, just for an short anwser for list)
> If we plan to bring freedesktop to Mac OS X, yes we need an external
> application
> that doesn't have to go to winehq, winehq doesn't have application for Linux
> distribution that doesn't be xdg-compliant (if any) ...

Yes it pretty much depends on the portland tools to already be ported.
I agree and don't think its worth our effort to try and support our
own helper to parse or convert xdg when the bundle format is so
simple. We can reuse a lot of the internals of xdg support in the
menubuilder to convert icons and spew out data the plist's need
without having to try to teach OS X to support a non-native format.

> In case of generated *plist just add you WINEPREFIX in your file.
> In case of WineHelper you can define WINEPREFIX in applications Preferences.
> (just need to be review to be more flexible)

I didn't think about this. Yes it would be possible to define the
variable there.

>> If its truly a single user system then prompting one time for a
>> location, either /Applications or ~/Applications seems like the right
>> method to me.
>
> Or /dev/null for command line wine users ...

Heh yes perhaps their should be a variable to tell it to not generate
a menu at all.

--
Steven Edwards