Cleaning up the winehq.org website

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Jul 27 17:03:13 CDT 2009

Rosanne DiMesio wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:08:53 -0700
> Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm also going to give the text on some of the content pages a focused
>> rewrite.  The About page and many of it's links are fairly wordy at the
>> moment.  I want to avoid losing any users who may potentially dismiss us
>> as amateurish or too complicated based on our web site.
>>

> You should also take a look at the "Debunking Wine Myths" page, particularly Myth 6. Touting Office XP as an example of a "fairly new" application that works in Wine does not inspire confidence.

This has been on my agenda for a long time.  I've got about half a
rewrite in progress.  My first target though is the About page, since it
gets more hits.

I'm also trying to cleanup anything that suggests our website hasn't
been updated in 5 years.  That means, for instance, removing the link to
the interviews that are all from 5 years ago ;)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie