coordinating efforts wrt rejected patches

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:28:37 CDT 2009

Some people have expressed interest recently in finding patches that
have been sent to wine-patches and have not yet been accepted into
winehq. The hope is that we can put some effort into getting feedback
to the authors of recent ones, and maybe the old abandoned patches
will catch the interest of some wandering developers.

Sifting them out from the wine-patches archives is unfortunately not
trivial. I'm way too lazy to try to create a bot for this, but I
figure there may be enough interest to do it manually, going through
the wine-patches messages and searching for similarly-named messages
in wine-patches and wine-cvs. We just need to make sure we don't
duplicate effort. If people end up using this information effectively,
maybe someone will write a bot. If not, well, then it's good no one
wasted time on it.

To this end, I have created this wiki page:
http://wiki.winehq.org/RejectedPatches

I've gone through the submissions to wine-patches over one day and
added the rejected entries to that page, sorted based on whether
there's been a response.

Anyone is welcome to use/update this information as they see fit and
to expand the range of checked messages (but not into the future, at
least until we get another round of commits).

--
Vincent Povirk