Testers on windows needed

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 11:56:46 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 28/7/09, Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camline.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm looking for some good souls testing the attached patch
> one windows.
>
> While looking for bug 7701 i found that the function
> __vbaNew2 of the
> MSVBVM60.dll does not like return values from
> SHGetFileInfoA bigger than
> 0x7fff
>
> Can you please report at least the results of the trace
> statements and if any
> modified test fails for you, the console output is fine for
> me too.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Stefan

If I remember correctly, MSVBVM60.dll isn't one of core wine dll's, so it would need to be installed via winetricks or copied over from windows i.e. it has to be native, no built-ins... wouldn't be the same as running your test under wine?

In a different thought, I think your question is less about whether MSVBVM60.dll like certain return values (presumably you already verified that at least one case it does not), but what versions of MSVBVM60.dll are out there, and do they behave all in the same way... i.e. you probably like people to report on the version of MSVBVM60.dll (from winedump, for example) also, rather than just test it and report success/failure?