New Wine Gecko 1.0.0 RC

Jacek Caban jack at itma.pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Jul 29 10:01:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

It's time for the new Wine Gecko package release. I've prepared a new
package based on Mozilla code a bit newer than Firefox 3.5 and my fixes
(most of them are on their way to mainstream Mozilla repository). This
release fixes a few known bugs. It's not as big change as 0.9.0 release
was, so I don't expect that many problems. Last time we had a few
serious regressions and I'd like to avoid them now. That's why I'd like
to ask you for help in testing (last time I did too, but somehow we've
missed serious problems). To use it, just apply the attached patch,
download the build from:

http://gerwazy.lo3.wroc.pl/~jcaban/wine/wine_gecko-1.0.0.cab

and place it in correct location according to (note s/0.9.1/1.0.0/):

http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko

Everything that uses MSHTML is interesting for testing. Please let me
know about any regression.

If everything goes well, I will do the release on Monday next week.

Thanks,
    Jacek