Regular users right on bugzilla

Ken Sharp kennybobs at o2.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 07:31:12 CDT 2009

Top posting is the devil.

Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> Fair enough for duplicates. Still, component and keywords can't do any
> harm, can they?
> I often see a bug with attached patch, or a regression, not properly
> marked as such, and want to fix it but I'm unable to; and it's usually
> not worth the extra spam and bothering someone else.

I think you can send an email to wine-bugs asking for this to be changed?
Or IRC, or -devel... there are many places to ask.

The problem with keywords is people putting "fixme" in just because
there's a fixme in the console output.  It's rarely related.

(Annoyingly, some people do the opposite to me) :P

And "patch" doesn't mean there's a patch attached, it means there's been
a patch sent and it's waiting for approval (according to the help
section in Bugzilla).

I foresee many issues with this proposal.

It's also annoying getting, "I see this too when I press X and then blah
and then this..." when the cause is already found, and when a user can
just CC themselves or vote for a bug.
The cause, fix or workaround ends up buried under a load of junk.