The present state of Direct3D in WINE

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:55:07 CDT 2009

Please bottom post on wine-devel. Thanks.

2009/6/3 MD.IMAM HOSSAIN <imamdxl8805 at gmail.com>:
> I have tested Hitman X games to Intel graphics card And Prince of
> Persia X games to nVidia graphics card.
>
> I confirm Hitman X games have no problems with WINE 1.1.11 on Intel
> graphics card.

Does the problem first appear in 1.1.12, and does it remain in 1.1.22?

> We all know that Intel 3D driver is open-source and nVidia 3D driver
> is proprietary.
>
> best regards,
> MD.IMAM HOSSAIN

Just for your information, the question about open/closed source is
important, as open-source "nv" driver is 2D-only, open-source
"nouveau" has poor support for cards, and ATI/AMD also have a choice
between 3D-enabled open-source (radeonhd) and closed-source (fglrx)
drivers.