[RESEND] mountmgr.sys: implement forced setting of fixed/local disk

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jun 4 08:53:10 CDT 2009

Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> writes:

> Forest Hale submitted a couple of bugs relating to this (17619 and
> 17618). The problem is that Wine correctly detects a network share (in
> this case NFS on /home) but some applications (e.g. Steam) refuse to
> install on network drives, so he wanted to override it with winecfg.

We probably shouldn't return network type for NFS, it's not really a
network share in the Windows sense.

> Overriding doesn't work, due to what I believe is simply an omission
> in define_unix_drive where it doesn't handle the case of DRIVE_FIXED
> to DEVICE_HARDDISK_VOL mapping.

It's not simply an omission, this was deliberate; but looking at the
code some more, it looks like it may no longer be necessary now that the
other parts of mountmgr seem to be handling this case correctly. I'll
need to retest this.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org