Deadlock under Supreme Commander in d3d9 main.c

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:20:38 CDT 2009

2009/6/6 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
> This appears to be a revisit of the deadlocking issue as reported in bug 14746, but according to another triage person, this is not so.  I would like to know if code has been moved from x11drv.c to d3d9_main.c that would cause this error and for the framerate to drop considerably.

It's at least a different critical section. The logs from bug 14746
aren't a whole lot of help, but my guess is that the "deadlock" occurs
because thread 0009 dies with the x11drv critical section held. You'll
see the RtlpWaitForCriticalSection() ERR anytime a wait on a critical
section takes unreasonably long, this does not by itself indicate the
bug is a duplicate. (Or a deadlock, for that matter. The code could
just take very long to execute.)

As for solving the bug, if it's a deadlock, the main things you need
are a +tid,+d3d9 log and the output of "bt all" at the moment the
application is deadlocked. It's simplifies things if those are both
from the same run.