Request for comments on patch

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sun Jun 14 16:11:42 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Roderick
Colenbrander<thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to mention the reason why previous registry key options
> didn't enter Wine. The reason was that we had to have a good default
> mechanism (e.g. returning nv4_disp.dll for nvidia by default on 2k/xp)
> before adding override keys. The registry keys can be added when this
> mechanism is around.
>
> Roderick

So, a patch similar to the one Mike pointed out* but able to report
different drivers for different OSes would prove acceptable (possibly
w/ a second patch for overrides)?  The email was some time ago, but I
thought someone was pretty adamant that Wine should not report a
driver that does not exist and that was the major show-stopper.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu

* http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commit;h=f2e2e3e49947490368900ef06a92e1df1bc52820