Request for comments on patch

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sun Jun 14 16:20:23 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Mike
Kaplinskiy<mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then perhaps when this mechanism is in place, we can add a way to have
> 1 general "funnel" dll and symlink it on prefix creation (if it's not
> already there). This way we don't have to worry about newer graphics
> cards as much, and if there is a specific implementation for a
> specific brand/card we can use it instead of the general one.
>
> As for the files being different on different windows' - maybe
> extending the list to also return different rows based on the windows
> version (and also add WINVER_ALL as wildcard) would work. But that
> seems rather hacky, and the whole business doesn't seem like it would
> give too much benefit.
>
> Mike.

I was considering that method of "funneling" at first, but since there
are no DLL symlinks in */lib/wine/ currently I figured this would
prove objectionable.  I also didn't realize the driver name is
reported differently on different OS versions (which makes for a lot
more driver filenames).

"struct driver_version_information" contains the vendor as an integer
already, a separate structure could easily contain columns for
matching the Vendor and OS in order to return a driver filename.  That
way you wouldn't end up with a giant "struct
driver_version_information".

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu