How to force use of DirectX8 instead of DirectX9?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:36:01 CDT 2009

Likely there is just a configuration option in the game to select a
different renderer. I believe the game has a opengl and d3d one. I
have no idea what it means with d3d8 or d3d9. Sometimes games really
use d3d8.dll instead of d3d9.dll but other times the games only use
the 'd3d8 subset' of d3d9.

Roderick