Is there any way to debug driver?

Guan, Xiao-Feng Xiao-Feng.Guan at amd.com
Wed Jun 17 04:01:54 CDT 2009

Hello,

  I'm AMD driver developer and would like to ask a question. This issue
blocks us from making a better driver for WINE.

  Recently we have difficulty in debugging our driver with WINE. We used
to start wine-pthread in gdb to debug the applications. Or else we
cannot break into our driver. However, now we cannot build this
executable any more in wine-1.1.23 or git repository. I wonder if there
is any other method to get all symbols right in gdb.

  As we can see that, from version 1.1.23, all application fails to
start on AMD card. We are going to investigate why it happens. If it is
necessary, Would you please let us know a little more about the changes
of this version?

Thanks & regards.

Guan Xiaofeng

OpenGL Software Engineer,