[4/6] WineD3D: Don't run out of varyings because of clipplanes

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 17 13:40:07 CDT 2009

Am Wednesday 17 June 2009 20:24:19 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> I don't think we want this for GLSL. ARB is your own responsibility,
> but personally I think compile errors are much nicer to debug than the
> kind of graphics glitches missing clipplanes will create.
They may be nicer to debug, but they're not nice to play with. I'm not really
talking about bugs in our code where we don't account for the amount of clip
plane uniforms correctly. This patch is intended for cases where we actually
need all the uniforms for the D3D shader.

Specifically, Trackmania nations has a vertex shader that uses indirect
addressing, two int constants and references c253. We need one for the
position fixup and 255 constants for the D3D code. If we write gl_ClipVertex
in GLSL that will break the shader. We get a nice explanation why it failed
though.