Appinstall update

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:20:14 CDT 2009

Howdy,

James has asked me to send y'all an update on my Summer of Code
project, Appinstall. I've got a dozen or so app tests committed
already, and several more that I'm putting the final touches on. I
just finished a wrapper script to make it easy to test daily, and have
begun uploading results to http://www.austinenglish.com/logs/. The
logs are a bit verbose, so I've committed a fix to make the sha1sum
silent on success, which should cut down the noise a lot. To get a
quick look, just check summary.txt daily, which will complain if there
are any failing tests or 'TODO_FIXED', the equivalent of todo_wine
passing (while testing applications I often find bugs, so I've written
the tests to automatically check for those bugs and report if they're
fixed).

The tests should now be run daily on my machine, searching for
regressions and bugs that have been fixed.

I've also added a couple example test scripts, to make it easier for
those unfamiliar with AutoHotKey to write tests for their favorite
applications. (http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/appinstall/examples/).

Source is available on winezeug:
http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/
http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/appinstall/