Removing active maintainers

Ricardo Filipe ricardojdfilipe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:07:03 CDT 2009

2009/6/25 Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:41:39 +0100
> Ken Sharp <kennybobs at o2.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > There were 300 comments, all removed.  I asked you to do this, between
> > 15 maintainers, and you couldn't be bothered.  That is why you were
> removed.
> >
> > Doing nothing is no help to anyone, as you have already been told, many
> > times.
> >
> > Yet you're the only one complaining.  Amazing.
> >

> If there has been a recent discussion amongst the admins as to when it is
> appropriate to remove maintainers, I was left out of it. The only official
> policy I know of is tied to the failure to process test reports within a
> week, and the automatic mechanism for doing that isn't even working at the
> moment.
>
> If maintainers are to be removed for other reasons, I think the admins need
> to come to a consensus about when, why, and how this should be done.
>

> --
> Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>

there has not been any discusson on that.
my view on removing maintainers is that it should be done only when the
maintainer is verified unresponsive and does not catter for his activities,
for example when we see test results pending for more than 1/2 weeks it's a
good reason to see if the maintainer is active.

on this particular case i feel ken and vitaly should have communicated more
to understand each others points of view and reach a consensus. although i
can totally see why ken decided to remove him from maintainer this should
not be done lightly.