Removing active maintainers

Thu Jun 25 09:42:09 CDT 2009

Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/6/25 Ken Sharp <kennybobs at o2.co.uk>:
>> To give a scale of the problem:
>> There are approx. 7700 program in the appdb.
>> There are approx 21,730 comments going back to 2004.
>> If it's not the maintainer's job to make sure the comments aren't tidied up,
>> whose is it?
>>
>> I'm not the only admin cleaning up comments.
>>
> It's not entirely clear to me why old comments need to be deleted.

Obviously, because the things said in comments may have expired. A
comment written one year ago saying "I get a crash in Wine 1.1.14" is
only confusing to users visiting appdb. A howto on getting a game or
program to work in Wine 0.95.x has no meaning if the application has
platinum score in Wine 1.1.24.

If you meant, why should they be deleted instead of kept for reference;
there could be an archive, but currently they are deleted, afaik.

Sjors