Removing active maintainers

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Jun 25 19:29:29 CDT 2009

Ken Sharp wrote:

> Ricardo Filipe wrote:
>
>> on this particular case i feel ken and vitaly should have communicated
>> more to understand each others points of view and reach a consensus.
>> although i can totally see why ken decided to remove him from
>> maintainer this should not be done lightly.
>
> Ken asked Vitaliy to do this twice.  His "consensus" was to remove all
> the other maintainers and leave him as the only one.

Based on what policy was I removed? Where are the requirements to what
comments should be kept? What comments should be removed? What consequences
of not doing something that's not even spelled anywhere? I did remove all
old comments _I_ deemed appropriate to be removed.

If your goal is to remove all active maintainers from AppDB because they are
not complying with some unwritten rules, then by all means, get rid of the
whole AppDB. No one will be "maintenance" it as stipulated by the said rules.

Vitaliy.