Anyone at LinuxTag?

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:46:29 CDT 2009

On Monday 29 June 2009 01:22:00 Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Ben Klein<shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/6/29 Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>:
> >> Who would they give the money to, even if they wanted to give it to us?
> >
> > Codeweavers?
>
> Is a private for-profit company.
>
> Is there something wrong with putting it in the Wine development fund,
> under custody of the Software Freedom Conservancy?

Yes. Realistically, there will be a contract involved regulating what needs to
be done to get the money. I very much doubt the government just go and drop
money on random paypal buttons and hope for the best. The way I've seen stuff
like this work before is that there's a call for bids from companies to
implement certain features in a piece of software, maybe with the requirement
at a reasonable effort to get the produced changes upstream.

My two cents,
Kai

--
Kai Blin