appdb issue: can't search for apps platinum on 1.0.x!

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:36:52 CST 2009

2009/3/2 Pauli Nieminen <suokkos at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Alexandre Julliard
> <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Time based stable releases that are coming about once in a year could
> be good idea. Making stable release should be a lot easier with
> passing and improving test suit. If that is considered too invasive
> branching could happen when the candidate for stable branch goes to
> RC.

Time-based stable releases aren't suitable for Wine. We need bug
targets for stable to be meaningful

> Another way to make everyone happy with "unstable" would be mark every
> 12th wine release as stable and just branching it for bug fixing. Then
> bug fix release could be 1.1.12.X.

12 wine releases is 6 months. This would mean 2 stable releases each
year and a LOT of extra work, especially considering the release
candidate stages and code freeze.

Re the automagic sources.list file:

> Why not just make separate package for installing the source file. It
> could be named as wine-installer. Then post-install hook can download
> and install the real wine package.

This sort of thing has been suggested already, and I would prefer to
go this way IF we were to do it at all, but other people have objected
to another package.