Wiki challenge question on user account creation

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:32:58 CST 2009

Hey,

After months of browseing the wiki recent changes rss feed I've been
irked enough to try and see what could be done about it.   I'm sure
everyone is having fun playing whack a mole with the wikispam but I
was hoping that we could do something similar to the forum account
creation "Who is the maintainer of Wine" question.

I'm hoping that would cut down on a large portion of the wiki spam,
which is now up to several bogus posts per day. (hats off to those
that have been scrubbing it clean!)

Luckily it seems MoinMoin has a feature that provides exactly this:
http://moinmo.in/TextCha

However on that page it only mentions a challenge question for commits
which wasn't quite what I wanted so I took a look at the source for
stable release 1.8.2

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8/file/1f0db10c207f/MoinMoin/action/newaccount.py#l25

Seems they have the challenge question for user account creation in
that version.

What's involved in upgrading? How can I get the current winehq wiki code/data?

I would be interested in helping test this or patching but I'm not
sure how to import the data into my test server.

Regards,
--John Klehm