dlls/userenv: fixed stubs GetUserProfileDirectoryW/A (2nd try)

Ricardo Filipe ricardojdfilipe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:20:35 CST 2009

2009/3/4 Andreas Rosenberg <andreas.rosenberg at apis.de>

> Sorry, but I disagree with you opinion.
>
> A conformance test should verify if an API call works like documented.
>
> The MSDN documentation specifies nothing regarding error codes for
> GetUserProfileDirectory.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762280(VS.85).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762280%28VS.85%29.aspx>
>
> as i see it, if it specifies nothing you have two options, either you don't
Set them or you Set them and test for them.
setting and not testing the errors seems wrong to me.
and if you look at other wine code error codes are tested all the time, and
the variation in error codes of different windows versions is one of the
most ocurrent fixes to tests.
you can argue if that's the correct approach or not, but that's for the
comunity to achieve a consensus, which right now is testing for error codes.