Wiki challenge question on user account creation

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:59:40 CST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> wrote:

> And if we don't implement captchas for saves (which I personally would
> hate but maybe others would be OK with it), I'm not sure it would save
> us all that much spam to begin with, as spammer do create accounts
> manually and the captchas would not be a problem for them.

I wouldn't really want per save captcha either, per account creation
is what I was hoping would cut down the spam.  If the accounts are
created manually not much we can do about it :(

Maybe some kind of save moderation for new accounts? (which would
probably be a lot of bother) :/

> The code for the Wiki is on Wine's SourceForge CVS repository:
>    http://wine.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wine/wiki/

Ahh thanks!  I forgot about wine's sourceforge repo.

Cheers,
--John Klehm