[RFC] named pipe message-mode design

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Mar 5 03:37:56 CST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>:

>>> No, in many cases efficiency needs to be taken into account in the
>>> design phase. You can't just add it later.
>>
>>  sure you can.  by redesigning.
>
> So you're saying that your original design is wasted effort?

 no, i'm saying that it opens up the doors to the next level for wine
- networked msrpc interoperability.

>  If it CAN
> be redesigned to be efficient, nice, sensible and correct, it's worth
> doing that from the start, especially in a big project such as Wine.

 yes it would be nice, wouldn't it.

 however, if there's a nicer design that would involve _more_ effort
on my part rather than less, then offers of money should accompany the
requests to implement the better design, to compensate me for the
additional time spent.

if however the nicer design turns out to involve _less_ effort on my
part, i'm very very happy.

l.