[RFC] named pipe message-mode design

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Mar 5 03:53:39 CST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

>>> By doing the I/O through the wineserver. It has all the necessary
>>> mechanisms already.
>>
>>  ok - great.  whereabouts? which ones? any existing examples? which
>> existing code in wineserver utilises the existing mechanisms to which
>> you refer?
>
> Look at the ioctl support.

 ok - great.  will do.  i'll come back with further questions when i
have worked out what you're hinting at.

 anyone else who is also interested in seeing a "better" design: i
trust that they will also be looking at the ioctl support in
wineserver with a view to being in a good position to contribute to
the better design.

l.