dlls/userenv: fixed stubs GetUserProfileDirectoryW/A (2nd try)

Andreas Rosenberg andreas.rosenberg at apis.de
Fri Mar 6 07:08:53 CST 2009

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> "The error codes returned by a function are not part of the Windows API
>
> But they are. MS just made their obligation to document all of their craft
> that much easer and that much more undefined. According to this logic
> "Error!" is the only message you need for anything that happened wrong.

As MS does not document the error codes, they force application developers
to find out themselves, so in fact everyone relies on undocumented
behavior. So Wine developers are also forced to imitate this undocumented
behavior to achieve compatibility.
Initially I only tried to stick to the formal rules as close as possible. I
think, "black box programming" simply does not work here.
But let's settle this discussion, I've got your point.

Thanks for your code critics. There are so much things to care about,
and when browsing through Wine code, you can easily find enough
examples, that do it different (maybe older stuff). So it's not so easy for
somebody not familiar with your rules to do it right.

Andreas